Wednesday 7 November 2012

Photoshoot Plan

Location: For the front cover I would like to use a more empty and blank location, so that it would make it easy for me to edit in photoshop later on, as there would be too many elements for me to edit if the location was more busy. This would go the same for the contents page. As for my double page I would like to use a grungy urban area that emphasizes the colour grey. This is because the area as it is an area that most rebellious teenagers inhabit, clearly defining the theme of rebellion, which is what pop-punk is mostly about.

Props: There are a variety of props I am planning to use. One would be a megaphone, which I am planning to give to the models for the front cover to use. This would replace the traditional microphone and make the magazine seem more louder and "in your face", following the themes of pop-punk. The second prop I am planning to use is headphones for my contents page, to follow the layout plan designs where the contents elements would emanate from them. It is also a major symbol of music. Any other prop used would be for the use to indicate that it is a music magazine (i.g musical instruments, guitar, ukelele etc.). 

Model: I am only planning to use three models, including myself. Three for the front cover, two for the contents page and three for the double-page spread. They will be a boy and girl, both who are the same age as I am, so they will be easy to work with and each are very reliable and contactable as they are both my closest friends. They both also have access to a range of clothing that I may use for my photoshoot.

Clothing: I am planning to use two types of clothing for this photoshoot, as I am still undecided on which one I am going for. This first type would be in quite plain, normal clothes. One that fits the cliche of the "indie" style/look. Another type would be a more dark, Gothic and formal attire, so that it would fit more closely to the image of "punk" rather then the other type which describes more of a  "pop-punk" feature.

Lighting: For the front cover, I want the lighting to be mid-dark, this is because it would be mainly shot from outside. For the contents and double-page spread I would like it to be quite bright, this can be easily re-created indoors. These are created for highlighting the details on models as well as setting moods in the images.

Poses: I have thought up a variety of poses that I would want my models to do. For my front cover I thought that the models might pose with the megaphone, shouting on it and pretending it is a microphone for a different and louder looking effect. For the content page, I have thought of a meditating pose with the hands covering over the headphones for a serene effect. As for the double page spread, I think that a sitting pose is good so I can draw Television sets over them and make a merge between the two types of layout, making an interesting piece. Various other poses include "natural" poses, some that are taken just randomly to show the naturalness of the models.


No comments:

Post a Comment